Due to ever increasing works throughout London and the South East and our successful award of the Thames Water Contract we now require Barrier People/ Site Clearance Operatives throughout Kent, South London, Surrey and Sussex.
Overall purpose of the job:
To deliver a high standard of safety and quality, signing, lighting, guarding and traffic management equipment to support the operations of reinstatement of Highways and Sites, while complying with all applicable legislation and regulations.
Job Role Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Managers & Planners to Plan and prioritise allocated work to ensure that the company does not incur any penalties
- Complete allocated work(s) and work records within the planned timescales to the SQS standard of Safety and Quality
- Liaise with the planning/management team throughout the working day to facilitate the completion of planned tasks
- Ensure that all Signing Lighting and Guarding (SLG) and Traffic Management (TM) equipment is set up, maintained, and removed in accordance with Chapter 8 guidelines
- Ensure the security of vehicle/plant and equipment
- Ensure images are captured, using a company device, at each stage of the task from site arrival through to departure, and entered onto Ontrack
- Identify and report all defects or damage to site or property
- Ensure works and the surrounding area is left safe, clean and tidy including carrying out a 7 minute jet wash
- If unable to complete Jet Wash, ensure a request is put on Ontrack, and alert Planners to this requirement.
- Notify Planning Team if Road sweeper is required
- Be prepared to provide other reasonable duties in line with requirements of the company.