Since 1995, Stanmore Quality Surfacing Ltd has been providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services. During this time our company has evolved and delivers ever better customer service and drive quality to industry leading levels. SQS now have a workforce of over 500 members. The company operates across the whole of London and the South East of England from our head office in North London.
We are now looking for a Grab Driver to join our busy team.
- Overall purpose of the job:Responsible for driving a LGV / Grab vehicle to load, deliver and collect aggregates to support the operations of the reinstatement of Highways and Sites, while complying with all applicable legislation and regulations.
- Job Role Key Responsibilities:
- To transport aggregates / materials using variety of vehicle’s and plant machinery
- Remove spoil and waste materials and dispose of as instructed
- Liaise with the planning/management team throughout the working day to facilitate the completion of planned tasks
- Complete allocated work(s) and work records within the planned timescales to the SQS standard of Safety and Quality
- Ensure that all Signing Lighting and Guarding (SLG) is set up and maintained in accordance with Chapter 8 guidelines
- Identify and apply Banks Persons resources or use reversing camera for vehicle and plant manoeuvring
- Operate manual and mechanical plant and equipment
- Ensure the security of vehicle, plant and equipment
- Ensure images are captured, using a company device, at each stage of the task from site arrival through to departure
- Identify and report all defects or damage to site or property
- Be prepared to provide other reasonable duties in line with requirements of the company.
You must have a Street Works Ticket and CSCS Ticket