Due to ever increasing works throughout London and the South East and our successful award of the Thames Water Contract we now look for the Reinstatement Planners for the Kent, South London, Surrey and Sussex area.
Overall purpose of the Planner job role:
To ensure effective planning of jobs for our operations teams. This position would suit someone who has acquired the skills of multi-tasking, changing priorities and planning work in a multi drop or logistics environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Planner:
- To ensure the operations teams receive daily work in good time in order for them to be able to carry out effectively.
- To ensure planned work is structured to minimise overruns and excessive travelling.
- Prioritise jobs to allow for emergency situations/maintenance.
- Liaise with work gangs throughout the day via telephone and face to face contact where necessary, giving clear and concise instructions to the gangs in order to ensure all jobs are completed.
- Identify works that need to be carried out by third parties such as line marking.
- Provide administrative support to the reinstatement managers and contract managers to enable contract to run as smoothly and effectively as possible.
- Liaise with the Purchasing Department in regards to purchasing materials i.e. tarmac and paving slabs.
- Liaise with reinstatement gangs, digging gangs, client agents, council staff members, SQS agents, other SQS planners, client Managers, customers, and clients.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the quality and specifications that SQS have become famous for.
- Ensure that sites are maintained in compliance with the current street works act and/or customer requirements.
- Sites are cleared after closure to ensure public safety and customer satisfaction.