Overall Purpose of the Site Manager Job:
Reporting to the Client Contract Manager, the purpose of this role is to always act as a company ambassador, demonstrating and delivering the SQS Vision & Values, and always upholding the company’s good reputation.
To manage, monitor and resource the element of works within their area of responsibility in order to maximise output and profit whilst minimising costs, also to ensure compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and legislation.
To maintain a safe working environment and compliance with all current Legislation, maintaining the highest standards of workmanship and quality.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Site Manager
- Ensure full compliance with current legislation and ensure relevant specifications are achieved by the Manager and teams within their area of responsibility.
- Ensure all activities within your site are managed and delivered in line with SQS’ SPEC principles
- Ensure all SQS policies & procedures are followed at all times.
- Develop good working relationships with the Project Team and all stakeholders.
- Review and monitor effective management of the work teams, and workloads is in place and take appropriate action to address concerns and manage productivity effectively.
- Support the resolution, where required of Customer enquiries, ensuring these are managed and handled in line with company policy/procedures.
- Assist with the management of recruitment, training, competence, and performance management ensuring the company processes in place are followed.
- Assist, where required, with the processes and control relating to overtime, expenses, payment of wages payments, and holiday planning in line with company policy.
- Conduct or assist with ‘’Own Goals Investigations’’ as required.
- Ensure all work within area of responsibility is delivered in line with Contractual agreements/specifications and agreed KPI’s.
- Ensure all information submissions are of a high standard (Daily Work Sheets, Waste Logs, Ontrack data collection etc).
- Conduct or assist where required with any investigations relating to issues within their area of responsibility.
- Communicate respectfully and politely to colleagues, clients, internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Effectively manage the supply chain
- To agree, and record any Variation Orders for changes on site and additional works.
- Ensure the “Speak Up” process is followed if there is a need to raise an issue or concern both in and out of normal business hours.
- In the first instance the Manager should contact his immediate line Manager to discuss and agree the correct course of action to resolve the issue or concern.
- If the next level manager is unavailable, is unable to resolve the issue or you are concerned by the course of action you have been advised to take, this must then be raised to the next level of Manager or equivalent person within the business.
- If in doubt always “speak up” and report or discuss concerns with appropriate Manager
- Take ownership and responsibility for all SHEQ matters for works and team within area of responsibility.
- Ensure you promote the use of and reporting of “hazards” & “near misses”. Understand how and when they should be reported and take relevant action to rectify concerns raised by operational teams.
- Ensure you demonstrate the correct behaviours with regards to SHEQ.
- Carry out Audits as required, and ensure all corrective actions are completed and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Always ensure safe systems of work are followed, as detailed within Risk Assessment Method Statement (RAMS).
- Ensure all work is carried out to the quality specifications/criteria of SQS, NRSWA and/or Customer specifications, as applicable.
- Ensure sites are maintained in compliance with NRSWA and any other related legislation.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration with the team to ensure client and customer expectations are met and outputs are delivered effectively for both company and client requirements.
- Ensure all Operatives (and any other workers providing services to SQS) have attended the appropriate company Induction
- Ensure that all Operatives (and any other workers providing services to SQS) have the relevant and up to date qualifications to be working on an SQS site.
- Ensure all required training is identified and requested in a timely manner using the SQS process.
- Ensure all required Toolbox Talks, and Daily Briefings etc are delivered to all operational workers when required and ensure records of delivery are maintained.
- Carry out annual performance reviews, and regular 121 meetings with direct reports.
- Ensure regular inspections of all company vehicles under your control are completed with any defects reported to the relevant line Manager or transport team and ensure vehicles are always maintained by keeping them clean and tidy.
- Develop professional working relationships with all members of the team to ensure work is delivered effectively to company, and client requirements.
- Issue and complete all required work control documents and ensure that they are returned to the office in a timely manner, to facilitate processing and filing.
- Ensure the required focus is maintained to continually improve SQS service delivery.
- Complete any other duties as required by the management at SQS to ensure the effective and efficient running of the Contract or Project.